Sunday, May 19, 2019 – Starting at 6:00 p.m.
Monday, May 20, 2019 – Starting at 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 21 – New Auditions: 6:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- If you have a conflict with any of the audition dates, please contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please arrive early in order to complete the audition form
- ALL Roles are available
- Don’t wish to be ON stage but still want to sing? We are also looking to cast singers who want to sing in the show but not be on stage (to enhance the ensemble sound)
Auditions will be held at:
West Platte High School Performing Arts Center*
935 Washington St., Weston, MO 64098
(use front doors of high school)
*West Platte is a Tobacco-free campus
- Please prepare 32-bars of a musical theatre number or 70’s hit
(Please do NOT sing anything from the show)
- An accompanist will be provided. Please have your music clearly marked with start and stop points. You may take a few moments with the accompanist to go over tempo. Equipment will be provided for backing track playbacks but piano accompaniment is preferred.
- NO a capella auditions will be accepted.
- An audition form will be filled out at the time of arrival.
- Resume is encouraged but NOT required.
- We will take your photo (even if a headshot is provided by you).
- Please be prepared with all known scheduling conflicts during the rehearsal period (May 23 to closing night, July 14).
- There will be a short dance routine taught to everyone (note: we are more concerned with your movement and ease on stage than with any perfection of technique).
- DUE TO ADULT CONTENT, those UNDER AGE 18 will need parental consent to audition – signature of parent/guardian will be required.
Callbacks will occur on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 for major singing and speaking roles and will be by invitation. Those invited to callbacks will be notified by the end of auditions on either May 19 or May 20.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the director, Joshua Shockey, at email@example.com
Rehearsals for Mamma Mia will begin Thursday, May 23, 2019.
Expect a Sunday through Thursday rehearsal schedule leading up to tech week. We will NOT rehearse on July 4th. Full tech week begins Saturday, July 6th and leads up to opening night. Some technical aspects of the production will start as soon as Sunday, June 30th.Rehearsal times on Sunday will be late afternoon/early evening.Rehearsal times Monday thru Thursday will run approximately 3 hours starting at 6:00 each night up until tech week (then we will run later).
All rehearsals will be specifically scheduled and you may not be called for every rehearsal. However, unlike other musicals, the company of Mamma Mia! sings in nearly every song in the show. At times, you will sing from backstage, but every song has an ensemble part so your attendance is very important.
We will do our best to not waste anyone’s time and work around schedules as we can. Knowing your conflicts early is VERY important in helping us get the most out of each rehearsal we have.
Wed, Fri and Sat – July 10, 12, 13 at 7:00 p.m.
Sun – July 14 at 2:00 p.m.
All performances will be held in the West Platte Performing Arts Center
(All Roles Available)
- SOPHIE SHERIDAN – Vocal: F33 – E5 (Pop Soprano-Type). Determined to find the romance and happiness she feels eluded her mother. Has an adventurous spirit.
- DONNA – Vocal: E3 – A5 (Mezzo-Soprano/Alto). Owner of the Taverna. Sophie’s mother. Former lead singer of “Donna and the Dynamos.” She is naturalistic and the most vulnerable.
- TANYA – Vocal: E3 – E5 (Mezzo-Soprano/Alto). Former Dynamo. Rich, sophisticated and witty.
- ROSIE – Vocal: E3 – D5 (Alto). Also a former Dynamo. She now writes and runs a feminist press. Confident, strong. Funny on the outside but shy underneath. Kooky and fun. Comical.
- SAM CARMICHAEL – Vocal: D3 – Ab4 (Tenor / Baritone). May be Sophie’s father. Left Donna 20-years ago; was engaged to another woman. Charming, successful architect.
- HARRY BRIGHT – Vocal: C#3 – F#4 (Tenor / Baritone). May be Sophie’s father. British financier, wealthy, buttoned-up. Trying to connect with his youthful self. English accent.
- BILL AUSTIN – Vocal: Bb2 – F#4 (Baritone). May be Sophie’s father. A travel writer who no possessions or strings. Good-natured, always ready for adventure. Funny.
- SKY – Vocal: Eb3 – D5 (Tenor/Baritone). Sophie’s fiancé. Athletic, attractive – helps Donna.
- ALI/LISA – Vocal: G3 – D5 (Mezzo-Soprano). Sophie’s friends; bridesmaids. Lisa is energetic and kooky; Ali is a contrast to Sophie and Lisa.
- EDDIE – Vocal: A4 – F5 (Baritone / Tenor). Helps Sky with water sports on the island.
- PEPPER – Vocal: A4 – F5 (Baritone / Tenor). Barman at the Taverna. Always flirting with women.
- Father Alexandrios/Ensemble – Officiates the wedding.
- On-Stage Female/Male Ensemble – Consists of islanders, workers, wedding guests, etc.
- Off-Stage Female/Male Ensemble – Individuals who will only sing offstage (until final 3 songs).